Downview Nursery operates as a committee-led, parent-led nursery. Being parent-led enables you, the parents, to have a say in your child’s preschool education.
All committee members are subject to an enhanced DBS check and Ofsted Early Years (EY2) suitability checks.
Enquiries relating to nursery sessions should be directed to Amy Coote (Nursery Manager) in the first instance. For enquiries relating to staff, volunteers, employment, or any other official matter, please contact Craig Walder (Chairman).
Committee of 2017/18
|Chairman||Craig Walderfirstname.lastname@example.org||DBS, EY2, ICO, PSLA|
|Secretary||Laura Walderemail@example.com||DBS, EY2|
|Committee||Li Hattonfirstname.lastname@example.org||DBS, EY2|
PSLA – Pre-school Learning Alliance membership
DBS – Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check (formerly a ‘CRB’)
EY2 – A suitability check carried out by Ofsted
ICO – Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Joining the Committee
Parents are welcome to join the nursery’s committee, and it’s an excellent way to bring together the parents, teachers, and others to help raise money and to support the nursery.
It also provides an opportunity for everyone to work together towards a common goal. All parents and teachers can get involved, even if they only have a small amount of time available. Our committee helps the nursery to raise additional funds for much needed equipment, and also promotes the increased opportunity for parents to be more involved in nursery life. We also manage the implementation of administrative changes and policies.
If you would like to join the committee, or would just like more information, please speak to a member of the committee (all contact details above), or a member of staff who can put you in touch with the right person.
The Committee’s Role
- Raise funds to help the nursery provide equipment for the pupils.
- Run social events for parents and children.
- Provide support for school trips and outings, and other special events.
- Organise meetings to inform parents about education issues, especially during changes.
- Discuss, update, and implement new policies and ways of working.
- Organise repairs, new equipment, maintainance.
- Collectively manage and balance the nursery’s spending and other expenses.
- Any other administrative duties as required.